Where to stay at Universal Studios Hollywood

Discussion in 'Universal Hotel Choices and Parking' started by Disney Mom, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Disney Mom

Disney Mom Administrator Staff Member

What hotels do you like to stay in when you go to Universal Studios Hollywood?

Rachel likes this.
  2. Disney Mom

Disney Mom Administrator Staff Member

I thought I'd kick this one off... I have stayed at the Sheraton Universal a number of times, most recently a couple of months ago. I love how close and convenient it is. Plus, I love the Sheraton brand. They are one of two hotels that are close enough to walk (the other being the Hilton Universal), but it is a pretty steep walk. The hills and stairs are fine for adults, but it's a little hard with little kids or pushing a stroller. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service that regularly runs throughout the day. It's really convenient and hardly ever full, so I recommend that if you're staying with small kids. The Sheraton has a great looking pool area, but I've always been too busy at Universal or City Walk to use it.

The other hotel that is somewhat nearby is The Garland. It's beautiful, and really spread out. They are about a mile away and have a free scheduled shuttle as well.

A third, and more affordable option is to stay in or around Anaheim. They have SO many more hotels to choose from and they tend to cost a lot less than the hotels right by Universal. You pay a premium to stay in Hollywood! It's only about an hour drive to Universal, so I've done this too many times.

Rachel likes this.
  3. Jazzy

Jazzy Well-Known Member

I think Sheratons are great too! :)